Serves as an integral member of the human resources team, collaborating to support ongoing programs and initiatives. Provides excellent customer service and serves as the day-to-day contact and the face of human resources. Primary areas of responsibility include recruitment; attendance and discipline system for hourly team members; onboarding/offboarding; rewards/recognition; and file maintenance/records management.
• Uses discretion in communication and maintains confidentiality of information.
• Enhances department capabilities by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Maintains current knowledge of human resources laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Advises HR Director of situations related to employee relations issues.
• Coordinates the talent acquisition process, including sourcing, qualifying, testing, interviewing, preemployment screening, and hiring.
• Cultivates a pipeline of applicants through community outreach, networking, and job fairs.
• Prepares job postings for internal and external candidates in the online recruitment system.
• Conducts phone screens to access candidate qualifications for specific openings.
• Handles the scheduling and logistics of candidate/supervisor interviews.
• Performs compliance reporting and other demographic reports on the qualified applicant pool, those interviewed, and individuals accepting employment.
• Creates and manages the new hire orientation program (New Team Member Welcome Program) to foster a positive attitude toward organization principles and goals and successfully onboard candidates.
• Ensures completion of new hire paperwork.
• Prepares badges, passes, identification cards, parking decals, and performs other security-related duties.
• Administers the attendance/credit system and warning/discipline system for hourly team members.
• Coordinates the STD, FMLA usage through the third-party carrier and reconciles absence approval for hourly team members with attendance records.
• Promotes and administers the Rewards and Recognition Program.
• Executes employee activities designed to enrich morale and employee commitment by creating, planning and facilitating inspiring employee initiatives, events, perks and celebrations.
• Develops, plans and manages special events which includes pre-planning, problem-solving, logistics, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and organizing vendors and managing take-down.
• Oversees and monitors the hourly performance review process.
• Conducts and analyzes exit interviews for hourly team members and provides summary reports.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Maintains personnel files and records management in accordance with state and federal requirements and corporate guidelines.
• Prepares and preserves spreadsheets and other documents in accordance with corporate records retention policy.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
• Provides outstanding customer service experience to employees on all levels throughout the institution, creating cohesion and inclusiveness between departments and work locations.
• Supports leadership efforts to foster a culture of engagement and empowerment that consistently value our employees.
• Proactively promotes The McWane Way principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a human resources functional area required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
• Recruitment software experience preferred.
• Certification through SHRM or HRCI preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or suppliers and vendors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This a traditional office position with an expectation of periodic work in facility with exposure to a wide range of temperatures, humid conditions, moving machinery, dust, fumes, gases, odors, vibrations and varying noise levels.